Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Poem to Build Peace and Understanding


I just got a very special e-mail from a teacher who started every single day with this poem. She said it helped set the tone for the day. I hope you find it helpful too. May it build acceptance and kindness among your kids.

I AM AN INDIVIDUAL

I am an individual.
I have dignity and worth.
I am unique.
I deserve respect
and I respect others.
I am part of the human family.
I have something special
to offer the world.
I am committed to
a peaceful world for all of us.
I make a difference,
and so do you.
I can accomplish 
whatever I set out to do,
and so can you.
I am the key to peace. 


From Learning the Skills of Peacemaking by Naomi Drew
Permission to reprint for classroom use.



What Do You Think? To leave a comment, click on the word “comments” (ignore the number that precedes it). Write your comment in the box, then click on “Select profile . . .” If the top group of options doesn’t apply to you, select “Name/URL” to comment with your name (you can leave the URL part blank), or select “Anonymous.”

No comments:

Post a Comment