- Never, ever respond to the message sender.
- Report it as soon as possible to a trusted adult (and if that person doesn’t help, tell others until someone does).
- Save or print the message to keep a record, then delete it from the phone.
- Only keep contact information of close friends and family in their address book.
- Talk to their wireless provider about how they can help (such as blocking the messages or changing their number).
For more information on dealing with cyberbullying, sexting, click on the link above. You'll also find some great tips for parents!
What Do You Think? To leave a comment, click on the word “comments” (ignore the number that precedes it). Write your comment in the box, then click on “Select profile . . .” If the top group of options doesn’t apply to you, select “Name/URL” to comment with your name (you can leave the URL part blank), or select “Anonymous.”